35 critical illnesses are as follows:
Group 1 Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery
- Acute Heart Attack
- Open Heart Surgery for the Heart Valve
- Surgery to Aorta
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Heart Transplant
- Major Stroke
Group 2 Cancers
- Invasive Cancer
- Benign Brain Tumor
Group 3 Major organ transplants and end stage organ failure related to liver, lung, and kidney
- Major Organs Transplantation or Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Medullary Cystic Kidney
- Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease / End-stage Lung Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease / End-Stage Liver Disease / Liver Failure
- Fulminant Viral Hepatitis
- Chronic Kidney Failure
Group 4 Other Critical Illnesses
- Apallic Syndrome or Vegetative State
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Loss of Hearing
- Loss of Speech
- Major Burns
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Major Head Trauma
- Progressive Scleroderma or Diffuse systemic sclerosis/scleroderma
- Lupus Nephritis from Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
This rider does not cover any critical illnesses or abnormalities confirmed by a physician and clearly proven to be related with the critical illnesses under this rider occurring within 30 days from the effective date of this rider, the latest date of reinstatement, or the date that the Company approves to increase the sum insured amount of this rider, whichever is the latest. In this regard, in case the Company approves to increase the sum insured amount, the Company shall not cover the increasing sum insured amount only.
- Underwriting is subject to the Company’s rules.
- Conditions and exclusions are as stated in the insurance policy.
- Premium of this rider is partially entitled to personal income tax deduction according to the Notification of the Director-General of the Revenue Department on Income Tax No. 383
Warning: Buyer should have an understanding in the details of coverage and conditions before making a decision to purchase insurance every time.
Q: Why do I have to buy Multiple CI Rider?
A: Multiple CI Rider covers 35 critical illnesses at 100% of sum insured. Moreover, if you have received the 1st coverage benefit (claim), you are no longer required to pay premium of this rider, but this rider still continues to be effective and covers the remaining critical illnesses groups. Details are as follows:
- You still have coverage for diseases under other critical illnesses groups.
- Benefits shall be paid up to 4 occasions, and must not exceed 4 times the sum insured amount. Maximum benefit payment for each critical illnesses group is 1 time the sum insured amount.
- Coverage is provided for 10 more years for critical illnesses groups that coverage benefit (claim) has not been paid after the 1st coverage benefit (claim) payment.
Q: Will I immediately receive the coverage after buying Multiple CI Rider?
A: In general, critical illness insurance has waiting period as to prevent insurance applicants who have severe illness. Thus, there is the insurance condition that the coverage is provided 90 days after contract formation.
Q: How long is the coverage of Multiple CI Rider?
A: Entry age of Multiple CI Rider is 7 years old – 65 years old (able to renew until the age of 79) and the coverage is provided until the age of 80.
Q: Does premium of Multiple CI Rider increase based on increasing age range?
A: Premium of Multiple CI Rider increases based on increasing age range of the insured.
Q: Is premium of Multiple CI Rider eligible for tax deduction?
A: Premium of Multiple CI Rider is eligible for personal income tax deduction according to the Notification of the Director- General of the Revenue Department on Income Tax No. 383.
Q: Does Multiple CI Rider need to be purchased to attach to a life insurance policy (base contract)?
A: Multiple CI Rider is a rider that needs to be purchased to attach to a life insurance policy (base contract).
Pay for 20 years to Receive Coverage Until Attaining the Age of 99
Deliver security to your family and loved ones through whole life insurance which will be by your side at every moment by paying premium for 20 years and receiving coverage until attaining the age of 99.
Pay 7 years for coverage until attaining the age of 99
Providing financial security to 3 generations from only one policy