Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited and/or its subsidiaries (individually and collectively referred to herein as “MTL” or “we” or “us” or “our”) recognize our responsibilities in relation to the collection, processing, protecting, and use of personal information. MTL respects the privacy of your personal information and is committed to protecting your personal information seriously because we value your confidence in us. It is also very important to us that you understand our privacy practices.
MTL Privacy Notice provides you with explanations regarding the followings:
• How we acquire/collect your personal information
• What personal information we collect about you
• Why we collect and process your personal information
• Why and to whom we may disclose your personal information to
• How we protect your personal information The Privacy Notice is prepared in both Thai and English languages. In the event of a conflict or a difference in interpretation between the two languages, the Thai language version shall prevail.
How We Acquire/Collect Personal Information about You
MTL collects personal information about you in the following ways:
(a) Information that you voluntarily provide to us, for instance, when you register or create a personal profile with us, or request products, services, or information from us;
(b) Information that we collect automatically via cookies or similar technologies when you use our services such as mobile application activity, mobile device type. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about these technologies and why and how we use them; and/or
(c) Information that we may obtain about you from our affiliates and from third parties such as social media provider which integrated with our service; and/or
(d) Information that we obtain about you from public and non-public records.
For some of our services, such as MTL Six Packs application, it may be necessary to collect additional personal information about you e.g. number of walking steps for point calculation, and/or collect personal information in other ways and/or for purposes that are specific to that service. In such cases, our relevant Terms of Service explain the service-specific personal information processing activities. When you subscribe for one of our services, you will have the opportunity to review the Terms of Service and will be asked to indicate that you accept them.
Information We Collect
The information we collect and the extent to which it is used depends on the products and services we provide to you. When you enroll for one of our products/services or when you receive/use one of our services, the following information may be collected:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms when you register or fill out to receive or request for our products/services, such as your name, citizen ID or other identification card number, phone number, date of birth, gender, postal address, email address, financial and health information;
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your policy coverage, premiums, and payment history which includes credit or debit card information, bank account number or other banking or payment information, and dates and times of payments;
• Information from your visits to muangthai.co.th or other websites we operate, use of our mobile sites and applications, use of our social media sites, and interactions with our online advertisements, such as browser type and version, type of terminal device that you use to access our services (PC, laptop, or smartphone), operating system and platform, IP address of your terminal equipment or device, information about the services and products that you viewed or searched;
• Records of your contact with us in the forms of customer notes, customer feedbacks, or call recordings when you have reached to our customer contact center;
• Contact information that you provide to us when you request for additional information regarding our products/services or request that we contact you back;
• Contact information and other information, such as demographic information about you that you provide to us when you agree to participate in one of our competitions, prize draws, campaign events, or research surveys.
• Information about your social media profile when you use your social media credentials such as facebook, Twitter, and Line to login to or interact with any MTL service such as your social media account ID, interests, likes, and friends list. You can control this privacy option made available to you by the social media service provider in your social media account setting.
• Information that you provide to us when you setup an online account or application account with us. Generally, these services is designated for the registered owner only. If you choose to let others, such as members of your family or your agent use your account, you should ask them to read this privacy notice;
Why We Collect your Personal Information and How It May be Used
MTL uses personal information you provide when you visit or use our Services to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information and to enhance your experience with us. The purposes for which your personal information may be used are as follows:
• Providing and improving our products and Services, including administering, maintaining, managing, and operating such products and Services;
• Personalizing relevant services to you according to your profile;
• Making suggestions and recommendations to you of our products and/or services that may interest you;
• Completing transactions, for examples, processing your insurance payments and processing claims;
• Processing your requests submitted via forms available on our website or mobile application such as providing a quote for one of our products;
• Administering our services for internal operations, including problem diagnosing and troubleshooting;
• Managing your customer relationship with us;
• Authenticating or confirming your identity when you return to your MTL online or application accounts to ensure that all of our communications with you are secure and confidential;
• Conducting our business, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying service usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities;
• Sending administrative information to you, for examples, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
• Sending marketing information and informing about promotional offers to you as further explained in the section on “How We Use your Personal Information for Marketing Purposes”;
• Asking you to participate in our surveys in order to provide you with better customer experiences;
• Meeting our regulatory obligations;
• Taking any action that we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to investigate, prevent and detect illegal activities; (b) under applicable laws; (c) to comply with legal process; (d) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (e) to enforce our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice (f) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates; (g) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
• Other purposes specifically disclosed at the time we request your information.
How We Use your Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
In addition to the purposes set out above, where permitted by law, MTL may use your name and contact details for marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials (by postal mail, email, or other means) and conducting direct marketing to increase the value you get from being an MTL customer through the recommendation of relevant products and services. You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us, but you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative communications that relate to the products and/or services we provide to you such as billing notice and payment receipt.
To opt-out from receiving marketing communications:
• Call MTL Customer Service Center at 1766; or
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonable practicable.
• If you no longer want to receive “only marketing-related e-mails” from us you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom or each email.
MTL maintains profiles and/or pages on various social media Services including Facebook, Twitter, and Line. If you choose to “Like” MTL on Facebook, “Follow” MTL on Twitter, or take any other similar action on another social media site, you are providing your consent to receive information updates, including solicitations, from MTL. To stop receiving information from MTL on a social media site, you must follow the procedure established by the site. For example, on Facebook, you must click “Unlike” on MTL's page, and on Twitter, you must click “Unfollow” on MTL's profile, and on Line, you must “Block” communication from us.
How We Share and Disclose your Personal Information
Sharing Among our Affiliates
MTL and its affiliates may share your personal information with one another to ensure that your use of the Services is as helpful and beneficial as possible; to support our business operation, to provide services to you and for any other purpose described in this Privacy Notice. Such affiliates will always process your personal information, either independently or on our behalf, in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
Sharing with Business Partners or Third Parties
MTL works with third parties that provide services to us, such as data analysis, data processing, credit card processing, information technology and related infrastructure provisioning, customer service platform development, email/SMS delivery, website development, mobile application development, and reinsurance. We only share your personal information with them so that they could assist us provide/deliver our services for the purposes stated in the section “Why We Collect your Personal Information and How It May be Used” above, as long as those parties contractually agree to keep the information confidential. We take steps to ensure that your personal information remains protected and that the third parties which we share the information with will process it in accordance with our instructions and will not use it for their own purposes or benefits. Such measures may include entering into appropriate contracts with third parties.
MTL may disclose your information in other limited circumstances, including:
• Complying with applicable laws;
• Responding to requests from government or public authorities or otherwise cooperating with authorities pursuant to a legal matter;
• Responding to matters of personal or public safety;
• In litigation, investigations, and other legal matters where the data is pertinent;
• Investigating security incidents;
• Enforcing our Terms of Services.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. While a code in the cookie file enables the site to label you as a particular user, it does not identify you by name, address, or other information unless you have provided the site with such information or set up preferences in your browser to do so automatically. You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
• Help us remember your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved and tailored services for future visits
If you opt out of cookies that we use for advertising purposes, we will stop using cookies, but please note that this does not mean that you will not see ads when you visit our websites, it only means that the ads that you will see will not be tailored to your interests.
For more information about cookies, please check out www.aboutcookies.org.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear gif or transparent gif, are small invisible 1x1 pixel graphic images or other web programming codes that which may be placed on certain pages of MTL website. They are used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to a website, to track traffic pattern of visitors as they navigate websites, and to track whether email that were sent were opened or whether the content was viewed. Web beacons are usually used in combination with cookies to track activity on a site of a particular device. If you turn off cookies, the web beacons will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
• Enable us to perform advertisement effectiveness analytics and website analytics.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
How Long We Keep your Personal Information for
Your information will be kept by MTL as long as it is necessary taking into consideration our needs and purposes for which we collect and process it, including compliance with legal requirements under applicable law(s).
How We Protect Your Personal Information
At MTL, Protecting your privacy is important to us. We restrict access to personal information about you to those individuals, such as our certain employees and agents, who need it to perform their jobs in providing you with our products and services. We require those individuals whom we permit access to your personal information to protect it and keep it confidential. MTL maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory standards to guard your personal information.
When MTL contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
Technology Used for Online and Network Security
In order to protect your information against unauthorized access and disclosure, we employ technological safeguards to protect your information.
• Secured Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS): To prevent any information from being detected while transmitted via Internet, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol on our websites where we collect personal information to encrypt sensitive personal information (such as your payment information and login credentials) which is supported by most popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
• Firewall: To allow only authorized MTL personnel access information, we have put in place layers of firewalls (a network security system) between our computer systems and the Internet.
• Virus and Malware Scan: Virus and malware scanning software are installed and periodically updated on all MTL computers and servers.
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to enquire about the personal information we hold on you. To do so, please contact us at the number/address listed below and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Some parts of our websites or applications may contain links to third-party websites or services such as social networks, those sites may not operate under this privacy notice. We are not responsible of such third-party websites and services or their privacy practices. You are advised to check the privacy notices on those websites or services to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferal and disclosure of personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
MTL reserves the right to modify this notice at any time. This notice can be found at www.muangthai.co.th/privacynotice . If we make changes to our privacy notice, we will post a notice of those changes on our website or notify you by email specified in your account to keep you aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may disclose it. You can determine when we last revised the Privacy Notice by referring to the revision date provided at the bottom of the notice. You are bound by changes to the Privacy Notice when you continue to use the sites or our services after changes have been posted. We encourage you to periodically review our privacy notice regarding our privacy practices.
Questions about this Privacy Notice
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our handling of your information, please contact our
• Customer Service Center by phone 1766 and refer the matter to Privacy Officer (Legal Division); or by post at
• Privacy Officer (Legal Division) Muang Thai Life Assurance PCL 250 Rachadaphisek Rd. Huaykwang, Bangkok, Thailand 10310