Care Plus Coverage
Plus Coverage for Cancer and Chronic Kidney Failure in Every Stage
Critical illness insurance is designed to take care of cancer and chronic kidney failure in every stage. You don’t have to worry about medical expenses with coverage up to 10 million Baht* per year. You can enjoy the ultimate comfort because the coverage is provided for modern medical innovations for inpatient treatment (IPD) and outpatient treatment (OPD) as well as for cancer treatment including chemotherapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy. The coverage also includes chronic kidney failure, kidney transplantation,
online hemodiafiltration, and vascular access.
Plus Care Plus Coverage from Muang Thai Life Assurance for coverage for cancer and chronic kidney failure in every stage. Continuous coverage is provided in case you get sick again. The mental health is taken care of with coverage for mental illness treatment including psychiatric consultation, room fee, medication expenses and medical expenses. Entry age is from 30 days to 80 years with coverage provided until the age of 99 years.
- เบี้ยประกันภัยสำหรับ ชั้นอาชีพ 1 และ 2 มีสุขภาพแข็งแรง และชำระเบี้ยประกันภัยรายปี โดยเพศและอายุเป็นไปตามที่เลือก
คำเตือน : โปรดศึกษารายละเอียดความคุ้มครอง เงื่อนไข และข้อยกเว้นก่อนตัดสินใจทำประกันภัย
* In case of choosing 5 MB plan for cancer and chronic kidney failure
Care Plus Rider Coverage Area : Thailand Only
- Care Plus Rider must be attached to the policy in force.
- Coverage period of this rider must not exceed the coverage period of the life insurance policy that this rider is attached to.
- Coverage is subject to the disease and plan chosen by the customers.
- For the medical expense benefits for cancer treatment and/or chronic kidney failure, the payment will be made for the treatment by the Company.
- Medical expenses for mental illness treatment will be paid as charged but not exceeding 1% of the maximum benefit per policy year. The insured will receive the coverage according to the conditions and provisions under this rider within a period of 5 policy years since the policy year when the insured receives the initial treatment.
- Expenses for home medication and disposable medical supply (medical supply 1) for continuous treatment related to indirect cancer treatment and/or chronic kidney failure treatment for up to 30 days after receiving treatment, but not exceeding 100,000 Baht per treatment.
- The waiting period for illnesses by a physician and clearly proven to be related with the critical illnesses under coverage of this rider occurring within is 90 days.
- Underwriting is subject to the Company’s rules.
- Premium is eligible for tax deduction. Conditions are as specified by the Revenue Department.
- Please study details of coverage, conditions, and exclusions before making a decision to purchase insurance.
Q: Who should purchase Care Plus Rider?
A: It is suitable for the customers who have a concern over medical expenses for cancer treatment or chronic kidney disease which is a common disease that comes with high medical expenses. It is also suitable for those who are looking for additional coverage for modern medical innovations for both inpatient (IPD) treatment and outpatient (OPD) treatment. The customers can choose the coverage for either of the diseases or both diseases for cancer and chronic kidney disease as needed. The coverage is subject the disease and plan chosen by the customers. In addition, the customers will receive coverage for mental illness treatment from the initial treatment.
Q: When will I receive the coverage after buying Care Plus Rider?
A: Critical illness riders normally have waiting period to avoid the case that the insured has realized that he/she gets serious illness. Therefore, there is a condition that the insurance company will provide the coverage 90 days after the policy effective date.
Q: In case of illness, what does Care Plus Rider take care of?
A: If you purchase Care Plus Rider, you can have comfort that the medical expenses for cancer and/or chronic kidney failure, which are common disease with high expenses. The coverage is provided for inpatient (IPD) treatment and outpatient (OPD) treatment including physician fee, medication expense, surgical treatment expense, physical therapy fee, advanced diagnostic body imaging fee including Computed Tomography
(CT Scan), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), and walk analysis
(Gait Scans) as charged. The customers can receive coverage for mental illness treatment to take care of mental health within a period of 5 years after the policy year when the insured starts to receive treatment.
Q: Does Care Plus Rider provide coverage for room, ICU room, and board expenses?
A: Care Plus Rider provides the coverage for medical expenses for cancer treatment and/or chronic kidney failure treatment that must be treated according to the treatment methods specified by the Company. However, it does not include room, ICU room, and board expenses, except for room and board expenses for mental illness treatment which is an additional coverage. In this regard, if you have other health riders, you can claim the benefit from other riders according to the entitled right.
Q: How long is the coverage period of Care Plus Rider?
A: If you are interested in Care Plus Rider, the entry age is from 30 days-80 years
(able to renew until the age of 98), and the coverage is provided until the age of 99.
Q: Does premium of Care Plus Rider increase based on increasing age range?
A: Premium of Care Plus Rider increases based on increasing age range of the insured.
Q: Is premium of Care Plus Rider eligible for tax deduction?
A: The premium of Care Plus Rider is eligible for personal income tax deduction according to the Notification of the Director-General of the Revenue Department.
Q: Does Care Plus Rider need to be purchased to attach to a life insurance policy (base contract)?
A: A: Care Plus is a rider that needs to be purchased to attach to a life insurance policy (base contract).
The Company shall not pay benefit under this rider for chronic disease, illness (including complications) or injury that is not cured before the effective date of this rider, unless
1) The insured has declared to the Company’s acknowledgment and the Company agrees to accept the risk without imposing exclusions to the coverage, or
2) Chronic disease, injury or illness (including its complications) is asymptomatic and has not been treated or diagnosed by a physician, or has not been seen or consulted a physician within 5 years before the initial effective date of this rider, and within 3 years from the initial effective date of this rider.
Exclusions of Care Plus Rider from a total of 13 clauses
For Example, The rider shall not cover medical expenses or damages that incurred from injury or illness (including its complications), conditions, or abnormality that arise from:
- Anti-aging diagnosis, treatment or prevention by consuming drugs or substances, hormone replacement therapy for peri-menopausal and postmenopausal women, male or female sexual malfunction, any sexual disorder treatments and sexual reassignment surgery
- General medical checkup, individual request for admission in a hospital, or individual request for surgery, rest recovery or rest cure, or hospitalization with assistant, diagnosis or treatment which is not directly related to the illness that is the reason of hospitalization, diagnosis of injury or illness, treatment or diagnosis to find a cause which is not a medical necessity or not based on medical standard
- Treatment or rehabilitation for narcotic substance, cigarette, alcohol or psychotropic substances
- Treatment under experiment, treatment or diagnosis on obstructive sleep apnea, treatment or diagnosis on sleep disorders and snoring
- Expenses incurred from the diagnosis and treatment that the insured as physician prescribed for himself/herself and also such expenses that incurred from order of physician who is the insured’s father, mother, spouse or child, etc.
The company may adjust the premium on policy anniversary date due to many factors such as:
1) Age, career class of each individual.
2) Increased medical fees or overall loss ratio under this rider by notifying the insured in writing at least 30 days in advance.
However, the adjusted premium must be within the amount already approved by the Insurance Commissioner.
This rider does not cover critical illnesses or abnormalities confirmed by a physician and clearly proven to be related with the critical illnesses under coverage of this rider occurring within 90 days from the effective date of this rider, or the latest date of renewal, or the date that the Company approves to increase the sum insured amount of this rider, whichever is the latest. In this regard, in case the Company approves to increase the sum insured amount, the Company shall not cover the increasing sum insured amount only.
Buyers should understand the details, coverage and conditions before deciding to make insurance every time.