Popular Questions about Life and Health Insurance
Many people who are planning to purchase life and health insurance to prepare for the future and seek assistance in mitigating health-related risks might still be searching for insurance products that meet their needs. This is due to the wide variety of insurance plans available today, making it challenging to decide which one to purchase. If you want to know the differences without having to search for answers from multiple sources, Muang Thai Life Assurance has gathered the most popular questions to provide answers that everyone is curious about.
1. What type of life and health insurance should I purchase?
Generally, there are 2 types of life and health insurance, including:
1) General life and health insurance
The benefit payment is subject to the specified coverage schedule. If the room expense, doctor fee, surgical treatment expense or other medical expenses that exceed the coverage limit, you need to pay for the difference by yourself.
2) Lump sum life and health insurance
Medical expenses will be calculated and provided within the coverage limit specified in the insurance plan you choose. In one year, you can receive treatment as many times as needed, as long as it does not exceed the coverage limit and the conditions set by the Company.
Furthermore, in order to select life and health insurance that meets your needs, you can also consider other factors such as the benefits you will receive, the covered illnesses or specialized care tailored to specific medical conditions. Taking these additional components into account will ensure that you receive coverage that aligns with your preferences and requirements.
2. Who should purchase life and health insurance?
Everyone who seeks health coverage can purchase life and health insurance without conflicting with the terms or conditions set by the Company. In this regard, you can inquire about additional information and details from agents of Muang Thai Life Assurance or call Tel. 1766, available 24/7.
3. My child is still young but I want to get health insurance for him. Which one provides good service and easy claims?
We would like to recommend Smart Health Rider. The entry age is from 30 days to 70 years. It provides lump sum coverage for medical treatment up to 5,000,000 Baht/year whether it is inpatient or non-inpatient hospitalization.
4. I wish to purchase health insurance for my parents. Which product provides long-term coverage?
Muang Thai Life Assurance has designed Elite Health Rider with the entry age until 80 years and long-term coverage period until 99 years. This satisfies the needs with coverage from 20-100 million Baht per year. The coverage is provided anytime, anywhere despite the hospitalization abroad.
5. Which health and accident insurance does not require advanced payment? I do not like complex products.
We would like to recommend Smart Health Rider. You only need to present the healthcare card at the hospital when hospitalization at a network hospital is required without a need to make an advanced payment. If the expenses exceed the limit, you only need to pay the difference.
6. Which health insurance product provides comprehensive coverage for every disease?
Normally, health insurance covers the treatment for almost all diseases, except for pre-existing conditions or critical illnesses that require additional coverage. Therefore, we recommend considering Elite Health Rider, which can be applied for until the age of 80 and provides coverage up to the age of 99. This comprehensive policy caters to all needs, offering coverage ranging from 20 to 100 million Baht per year. It covers you everywhere, all the time, even when receiving treatment abroad. The coverage areas are according to the selected plan.
7. What are the differences between lump sum insurance and regular insurance? Which one is better, and how different is the premium charged?
- Insurance with Lump Sum Benefit
The product is easy to understand as it provides comprehensive coverage for all items with the coverage limit. Premium of this insurance is higher than that of the general insurance.
- General Insurance with Hospital & Surgical Benefit
If you have a limited budget and you have existing welfare or health insurance, you may choose to purchase this insurance as the premium is lower. However, the coverage will be separated into items such as daily physician visit fee, surgeon fee, anesthesiologist fee and operating room fee. There may be additional expenses if the items are not in line with those specified in the policy.
8. I would like to purchase insurance for my boyfriend/girlfriend; however, he/she used to have herniated disc, and received treatment with medication and physical therapy. Will the insurance cover this illness?
For those who have a record of illness that is completely cured, it is possible to apply for insurance by providing a clear medical treatment record. The Company may request additional treatment records for further consideration. It is important to note that the acceptance of insurance is subject to the Company's rules.
9. If I have existing welfare provided by my employer, should I purchase additional health insurance?
If you are interested in obtaining comprehensive coverage that complements existing benefits, Muang Thai Life Assurance offers health insurance products that can act as a top-up to your current benefits. This way, when you need to stay in the hospital, you can add coverage for room charges or medical expenses. The best part is that the premiums are affordable, making the decision to purchase easy and comforting. You can comfortably decide to buy and feel reassured knowing that you can choose a comfortable room when you need to be hospitalized.
- Coverage period of the rider must not exceed the coverage period of the life insurance policy that this rider is attached to.
- Underwriting is subject to the Company’s rules.
- Premium is eligible for tax deduction according to the criteria specified by the Revenue Department.
- Please study details of coverage and exclusions before making a decision to purchase insurance.
- Maximum coverage limit of each health rider is subject to the chosen plan.