Explore medical expenses for heart disease and find out what lifestyles are at risk for heart disease!
Let’s explore medical expenses for heart disease which is one of the top diseases that Thai people have. On average, every 1 hour, 2 people will die from ischemic heart disease, or every 30 minutes, 1 Thai will die from ischemic heart disease! Chest pain might not be caused by a broken heart, and frequent left shoulder pain may not be only office syndrome as you think. You should check your risk of having heart disease. If you ignore the symptoms, the medical expenses are never cheap. Heart disease insurance can make you feel more secured. Yet, before getting to that point, let's find out symptoms of heart disease, prohibited foods and find out whether there is a way to cure heart disease and what type of treatment.
Plan your health in advance with Muang Thai Life Assurance. If you get sick, you won't need to worry about the treatment expenses. Let’s read.
- Heart disease and symptoms that need to be observed
- If you have heart disease, what foods should you not eat?
- Heart disease treatment and how you can avoid
- How much for heart disease treatment expenses
Heart disease and symptoms that need to be observed
For heart disease, observing abnormal symptoms in one's own body helps to be treated in time, such as left shoulder pain which may not be office syndrome but heart disease. If you don't pay attention to your own symptoms at all, you might be detected with end-stage heart disease. In addition, there are risk factors that can cause heart disease, both from uncontrollable factors, such as heredity, age and gender and from controllable factors, such as eating foods high in cholesterol, stress from work, not exercising and being overweight. We now know the causes, so let's try to observe the symptoms of heart disease.
- Heart palpitations
- Fast heartbeat
- Being tired easily when exercising with difficulty breathing
- Chest pain in the center of the chest like something is on your chest, followed by the paid to the jaw, arms, shoulders or epigastrics. There may be suffocation causing you to wake up panting in the middle of the night.
- Unexplained swelling of legs or feet
- The tips of the hands, feet, and lips appear dark green.
- Feeling faint or dizzy
If you have heart disease, what foods should you not eat?
If you have heart disease, you need to be careful of what you consume because foods can affect a disease. If you are not careful of your diet, it can cause end-stage heart disease. Good nutritious foods help you to be healthy. If you only consume what you like, such as desserts, oily foods and fried foods, in addition to making you overwight, it is also a cause of a critical illness.
Good foods for heart disease
- Nutritious food
- Foods containing fiber
- Low-fat meat to increase HDL
- Fruits and vegetables which are not too sweet
Prohibited foods for heart disease patients
- Avoid fatty foods with high cholesterol, such as bakery, pizza, hamburger or fast food.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol or sugary drinks.
- Avoid high-fat processed foods, such as bacon, sausage and animal fat
- Avoid spicy food, foods with high sodium, foods containing monosodium glutamate (MSG), pickled foods, such as salted fish and pickled vegetables and very sweet foods.
Heart disease treatment and how you can avoid
Heart is the most important part in the body. If you are sick, in addition to the treatments according to the doctor's diagnosis, there are many ways to treat heart disease, depending on the type of heart disease. You still have to take care of your own health from changing health behaviors which are risk factors for heart disease, such as quitting smoking, stop drinking alcohol, controlling your diet, and avoid trans fat. To control fat levels and cholesterol, exercise regularly, get enough and quality sleep, eliminate stress and live your life happily.
How much for heart disease treatment expenses
As mentioned, heart disease is one of the top diseases that Thai people have. In every 1 hour, 2 people will die from heart disease! Even heart disease can be treated, but it requires continuous treatments, and the heart disease treatment expenses can be very high, from a ten thousands to a million, such as:
- Implant cardiac pacemaker: 18,000 – 436,000 Baht
- balloon angioplasty: 100,000 - 200,000 Baht
- Aortic aneurysm surgery; 110,000 – 768,000 Baht
- Coronary artery bypass surgery: 590,000 - 800,000 Baht
- Heart valve repair or replacement surgery: 750,000 - 950,000 Baht
Note: Information above is only the estimated expenses which are subject to change.
Nevertheless, life must go on. Don't allow the expenses to limit your life. Having heart disease insurance gives you peace of mind, and always take care of your health to reduce the risk of heart disease by consuming nutritious foods, exercising regularly and getting your health checked annually.
Having health insurance before getting sick helps reduce the risk of medical expenses. Boost your confidence with D Health Plus, health coverage for the new generation with lump sum payment for room fees and treatments of 5 million Baht(1), covering both common and major diseases. The premium is inexpensive, less than 48 Baht per day (2).
✅ Once you have any symptoms, lump sum benefit will be paid for standard single room fees, ICU room fees, doctor fees, medication fees, examination fees and surgery fees as charged.
✅ No need to wait to be hospitalized in standard single room at any hospital.
✅ Adjustable plans: If you already have an existing welfare, you can choose deductible plan for lower premiums. The plan can also be upgraded when reaching retirement age.
✅ Prepare now. Add Care Plus to take care of medical expenses for cancer and chronic kidney failure at all stages, both IPD and OPD, up to 10 million Baht per year(3).
We’re covered. How about you?
✅Call Tel. 02-015-5447 during 09.00 - 17.00 hrs.
✅ Contact a life insurance agent
(1) In case of choosing 5 MB plan which is a benefit per any treatment
(2) For male insured aged 24 years who chooses coverage Plan 5 Million Baht with annual premium payment
(3) In case of choosing 5 MB coverage for cancer and chronic kidney failure
- D Health Plus Rider must be purchased to be attached to the policy which is still effective.
- Coverage period of the rider must not exceed the coverage period of the life insurance policy that this rider is attached to.
- Care Plus shall cover medical expense benefits for cancer and/or chronic kidney failure treatments specified by the Company.
- Premium is eligible for tax deduction. Conditions are as specified by the Revenue Department.
- Underwriting is subject to the Company’s rules.
- Conditions are according to the medical standard and necessity.
- Please study the details of coverage, conditions and exclusions before making a decision to purchase insurance.
Resources: Data retreived on 11/08/2023