1. Once the User has registered in the Muang Thai Smile Club by selecting "Agree", it shall be deemed that the User has acknowledged and accepted all of these terms and conditions. In this regard, Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited (“the Company”) reserves the right to revise or amend the terms and conditions of use at any time at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion.
Types of Personal Information
- Information provided to the Company by the User during registration or filling out application forms or other forms to receive or request for services;
- Information about the User’s transactions on websites or the Application;
- Information about insurance policy in case the User purchases an insurance policy from the Company;
- Information collected from service, event participation, Smile Points redemption, photos, videos, as well as videos from participating activities in the course of service;
- Information from the use of websites and the Application, types of devices that the User uses to access the services (PC, laptop, smartphone and other electronic devices), operating system and platform, IP address (Internet Protocol address to locate the source when the device is connected to the Internet) of terminal equipment or device, location information, information about the services and products that the User views, visits, searches or uses;
- Information about the User’s social media profile when the User uses social media credentials e.g. Facebook, Twitter, and LINE, to login to or access any services on the Company's websites or the Application such as social media account ID, interests, likes, and friend lists. The User can control the privacy option made available to the User by the social media service provider in social media account setting;
- The above-mentioned information as changed by the User;
In addition, the Company may collect the User’s information from other sources or third parties to the extent possible in compliance with applicable laws.
- Purposes requiring the processing for the performance of the contract to which the User is a party, or for the purpose of processing the User’s request before entering into a contract with the Company
- To allow the User to use the service on the Company's websites and the Application;
- To create User’s profile based on the User's account information, the User's use of the Application and the User's insurance policy information (in case the User has purchased and provided information about insurance policies made with the Company);
- To give accumulated Smile Points and allow the User to use and redeem the accumulated Smile Points in accordance with the Company's terms of service;
- To provide membership tiers to allow the User to receive privileges according to the conditions of use based on membership tiers;
- To allow the User to participate in activities and receive privileges from the Company;
- To allow the User to receive services and privileges from the Company’s business partners such as hospitals, pharmacies and hotels;
- Purposes requiring the processing under lawful bases of the Company or of another person or juristic person unless such interests are less important than the User’s fundamental rights in personal data
- To verify the User and/or a third party’s identity in the event that the third party acts on behalf of the User
- For the Company's public relations to the extent that it is appropriate and proportionated to the privileges the User receives.
3. The User must keep identification number, password and security code (OTP: One Time Password) (which is hereinafter collectively referred to as “Password”) safe and confidential for the User only. If there is any OTP problem, the User can contact the Customer Contact Center Tel. 1766, available 24/7.
4. Accumulated Smile Points are aimed to build customer relations with Muang Thai Smile Club members. You can exercise the rights to participate in Muang Thai Smile Club activities through redemption of accumulated Smile Points which shall be only valid after the Company receives the application form of Muang Thai Smile Club membership.
5. Accumulated Smile Points are only a symbol used for redeeming points, claiming privileges to participate in rewards and campaigns arranged by the Company and by its conditions, or accumulating points to join activities or to receive privileges from partner stores. The privileges are limited and based on terms and conditions specified by the Company. Accumulated Smile Points cannot be converted into cash.
6. Terms and conditions of membership tier classification, Smile Points accumulation and accumulated Smile Points calculation shall be subject to the insurance plans and mode of premium payment. The conditions are as specified by the Company.
7. Only effective insurance policies are valid for accumulated Smile Points. The expiry date of accumulated Smile Points is as specified by the Company. For news and updates, please visit muangthai.co.th/smileclub, MTL Click Application, or contact the Customer Contact Center Tel. 1766, available 24/7.
8. After the termination of all insurance policies eligible for membership, accumulated Smile Points and membership shall be immediately terminated. In case Muang Thai Smile Club membership has been terminated, the Company shall continue to retain the membership information for a period of 3 years from the date of termination. However, if the insurance policy of the member becomes effective again within the specified period, the membership status will be automatically changed to be valid.
9. Documents, letters, and notices that the Company sends to the User according to the address or mobile phone No. or email address given to the Company by the User, the User agrees that the delivery method is correct and duly complete and it shall be regarded that the User acknowledges such information. If the User changes address or mobile phone No. or email address, it is the User’s responsibility to notify the Company about such change immediately.
10. If any action through the services provided by the Company in the Application is done by using the User's identification number and Password and is in accordance with the Company's methods, terms and conditions, the said action shall be deemed as fully valid, in which case the User shall not be required to sign any further documents, but agrees to be held responsible for the said action as if the User has acted at its own, regardless of whether or not the said action is done by a third party. The Company reserves the right not to take responsibility for any errors caused by such actions or for any damages that may arise therefrom. The User shall not use this as an allegation, a contention, a defense and/or use as an evidence to claim against or sue the Company in any way.
11. In case the User authorizes a third party to act on behalf of the User, the User and third party are required to sign the Company's power of attorney form, and attach and submit a copy of the User's ID card or a copy of any other identity verification document, issued by a government agency, of the User and the authorized third party to the Company every time, certified true copy by the grantor and the grantee. (Please cross out “religion/race” information until that information cannot be read, and sign to certify the amendment. In case you did not do so, you consent the Company to cross out your “religion/race” information on your behalf).
12. The Company has the sole and absolute discretion to terminate and prohibit any eligible User from participating in the services and campaigns with no binding responsibilities, and without having to give a prior notice in whatever circumstances. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any eligible User who does not comply with the terms and conditions of use even if the User is eligible according to the Company’s criteria.
13. The Company realizes the importance of and gives priority to the security of the User's information. The Company agrees to adhere to and complies with the legislation regarding the protection of personal information. In this regard, the User has the right to provide or refuse to provide his/her personal data requested by the Company; however, such refusal may limit the User's use of the Company’s services.
14 The Company reserves the right to amend and revise the terms and conditions of use at any time as far as the law allows. If there are any changes to the Company's terms and conditions of use, the Company shall announce such changes on the Company's website or notify the User via email specified in the User’ account. The User can see such changes to the terms and conditions of use by referring to the last revised date specified below the terms and conditions of use.
Changes in the terms and conditions of use are binding on the User. Once the User accesses the website or the services of the Company after the announcement of such changes, the Company would like the User to occasionally review and keep himself/herself updated on the Company's latest terms and conditions of use.
The Company regularly reviews the terms and conditions of use for the User’s benefit. In case there is additional information, the information shall be updated on the website. These terms and conditions of use were last updated on 5 October 2023.
I have read and understood the terms and conditions of use fully and thoroughly, I, therefore, accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use in all respects.