Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited and its subsidiaries including companies or organizations that control, are controlled or are under control by the Company which may mostly have the same shareholders or directors (hereinafter referred to as “MTL”, “the Company” or “We”) highly respect your privacy and are aware of the responsibilities in relation to collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data and/or delivery, transfer of your personal data to others.
MTL greatly values your trust and confidence in us and is committed to processing and protecting your personal data accurately and appropriately. Therefore, it is also very important to us that you understand about methods and procedures for the collecting, use, processing and disclosure of personal data. In this regard, you must read and understand this Policy thoroughly as follows:
1.Personal Data Collection
Types of personal data that MTL collects, uses, processes or discloses depends on purpose of your consent. In this regard, MTL aims to collect only personal data necessary or related for contract formation and/or receiving service or extra services from MTL.
The following personal data will be collected when you enroll for our services, purchase our products or receive/use any MTL services.
• Data from your applications or other forms during registration or filling out to request for MTL’s products/services, such as name-surname, identification card number or other identity card number, phone number, date of birth, gender, postal address, email address, financial data, work history which may include employer’s name and address, health data and signature. However, it depends on applications/forms that you fill out;
• Financial data such as income, source of income, bank account number, tax information, bank account activities, loan details, investment information, credit card details, and details or information about payments;
• Data relating to your offenses such as criminal record, civil record or other offense records, police officer report and related court orders;
• Details about products and/or services that you have received from the Company or other insurance operators such as insurance policy number, sum insured, policy amendment/transactions, premium payment method, premium payment record or loan record, beneficiaries, claims, including exercising of rights under policies, or products or services of the Company or other insurance operators;
• Status about anti-money laundering, combating the financing of terrorism, and bankruptcy, and the US law pertaining to a prevention of tax evasion by US natural persons or US entities (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act: FACTA);
• Data about your transactions with MTL such as job application, life insurance agent application, bidding, policy data, policy coverage, premiums, and payment history which includes credit or debit card information, bank account number or other banking or payment information including dates and times of payments, medical history, MTL customer service centers usage history. This depends on type of your transaction;
• Data from your visits to www.muangthai.co.th or other websites or applications that MTL operates, use of websites and applications of MTL, use of social media sites and interactions with online advertisements of MTL such as browser type and version, type of terminal device that you use to access the services (PC, laptop, or smartphone), operating system and platform, IP address of your terminal equipment or device, location, information about the services and products that you view or search;
• Records of your contact with MTL in the forms of customer notes, satisfaction survey, research and statistics, or call recordings, inbound telephone number or voicemail or image recordings (and audio recordings for some cases) through CCTV camera when you contact MTL’s Customer Service Center or contact via VDO call services (both image and audio recordings) as well as any data shared via different media such as SMS, social media applications, FAX, Chat application and emails, etc.;
• Data that you provide to MTL when you request for additional information regarding MTL’s products or services or request that MTL contact you back;
• Contact data and other data, such as your identification card number or other identity card number, phone number, and demographic information given to MTL when you agree to participate in any of our activities, competitions, prize draws, campaign events, or research surveys;
• Data about your social media profile when you use your social media credentials such as Facebook, Twitter, and LINE to login to or interact with MTL services such as your social media account ID, interests, likes, and friend list. You can control this privacy option made available to you by the social media service provider in your social media account setting;
• Other personal data which consent is required by laws, the Company will notify you and ask for your consent before collecting data or according to legal period.
Sensitive personal data It is necessary for the Company to collect the sensitive personal data such as health record which may include smoking and drinking behavior for purchasing or using our products. Such information is necessary for insurance underwriting, services and claim payment. If you do not consent to the processing of sensitive personal data, the Company will not be able to provide any products or services to you.
2.How to Collect or Acquire Personal Data
• MTL collects and gathers your personal data in the following ways:
(1) Data that you provide to MTL, for instance, the communication between you and MTL, be it in writing or oral, data that you provide when you register or create a personal profile with us to use our service, or data that you provide in insurance application forms including supporting documents, service request forms or information requests or other requests relating to products or services from MTL, and supplementing documents to applications/forms that you submit to MTL as well as data that MTL receives when you voluntarily complete customer surveys or feedbacks via papers, calls, messages, message boards or emails; or data when you receive services at MTL customer service centers; and/or
(2) Data that is collected automatically via cookies or similar technologies when you use MTL services such as mobile application activity and mobile device type. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about these technologies and why and how MTL uses them; and/or
(3) Your data that the Company may obtain from its subsidiaries and from third parties that is essential and related to services such as social media provider connecting with the MTL’s services, hospitals and/or the Company’s business partners as well as other service providers that the Company considers that such service will benefit you;
(4) Your personal data that the Company obtains from public and non-public records; and/or
(5) Your personal data that the Company obtains from third parties for the purpose of complying with laws, regulatory and legitimate purposes, for example, the Company may receive your personal data from the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC), government agencies and/or legal regulators;
(6) Data that is collected as a message, photo, and sound when you contact with our personals, customer service officers, sell officers, agents, brokers, authorized insurance intermediaries, contractors, partners, service providers, attorneys, representatives, other persons or other agencies related to the Company (hereinafter referred to as “personals and partners of the Company”) through website, application, online social media, phone, email, contact in person, interview, SMS, FAX, postal, VDO Call service or other ways;
(7) Your personal data that the Company obtains when you participate in our marketing campaign events, competitions, prize draws, events, or research surveys which may hold by the Company and/or personals and partners of the Company or our business partners.
• For some of our services, such as
(1) MTL Fit Application: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data and health data e.g. heart rate, calories burned, cycling distance, sleep time, weight, height for BMI calculation, steps for point calculation, and/or collect personal data in other ways such as conversion of E-stickers to Smile Points, activity photos for any particular purposes to that service;
(2) MTL Click Service Application: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data such as data from your applications or other forms during registration or filling out to request for services, data about transactions, data about insurance policy, and data amended by you, and/or collect personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service;
(3) Smile Service: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data such as data from your applications or other forms during registration or filling out to request for services, data about transactions, data about insurance policy, and data amended by you, and/or collect personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service;
(4) Telemedicine Service, Health at home Service, MTL Global Doctors and/or Other health services: It may be necessary to collect your personal data and health data such as name-surname, date of birth, identification card number or passport number, gender, phone number, email and health data to proceed with the registration of Telemedicine, and/or collect personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service;
(5) LINE BCRM Service: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data and health data e.g. policy data, phone number and/or other electronic devices of the applicants who have downloaded and installed LINE application for LINE account, and/or collect your personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service.
In such cases, the Company’s terms of service explain the service-specific personal
In such cases, the Company’s terms of service explain the service-specific personal data processing activities. When you subscribe for one of our services, you will have the opportunity to review the terms of service and will be asked to give the consent according to laws.
To not provide some type of personal data, grant consent, and/or to revoke consent for collection, use and/or disclosure of data may cause the Company inability to process your request, or provide service to you, or have limited actions.
When you provide any personal data related to third parties to the Company (the third parties shall include, but not limited to, insureds, family members, premium payers , or beneficiaries), you hereby certify and guarantee an accuracy of such personal data. You also certify and guarantee that you have completely informed those parties of the details of this Policy.
As long as the laws permit, you further agree to manage and ensure that the Company is fully compensated for damages, loss, penalty and expenses, including, but not limited to, legal costs and litigation costs in any aspects including fines, penalty charges, interest, additional charges or other amounts charged, fined or collected by regulators or regulatory agencies, arising from or relating to action or inaction of you (or officers, employees, advisors, agents or your representatives), your mistakes or negligence in performing those duties or resulting in us being accused of or punished for violating applicable laws.
3.Objectives of Collection and Use of Personal Data
MTL uses the personal data you provide when you visit or use our services to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the data and to enhance your experience with us. The purposes for which your personal data may be used are as follows:
• Underwriting your applications for individual insurance, group insurance. Or to carry out reinsurance of product and/or service of the Company for you;
• Considering making payments according to life insurance contracts and riders (health, accident, critical illness insurance and others)
• Completing transactions, for examples, processing your premium payments, providing life insurance policy services, processing claims, or exercising your policy rights, including a right of subrogation, and the subrogation right obtained (if any);
• Contacting with you, delivering documents for products and services operation, and managing relationship between the Company and you;
• Processing your requests submitted via the Company’s forms through life assurance agents, authorized insurance intermediaries, Customer Service Center, the Company’s Branches office, our websites or mobile applications such as providing a quote for one of our products;
• Administering our services for internal operations, including problem diagnosing, troubleshooting, internal audit or account audit;
• Personalizing relevant services to you according to your profile;
• Making suggestions and recommendations to you of our products and/or services that may interest you;
• Analyzing financial data to offer financial products that match your needs;
• Providing and improving our products and services, including administering, maintaining, managing, and operating such products and services;
• Conducting the Company’s businesses, such as data analysis, audit, design/development of new products, enhancement or change of the Company’s services, monitoring of service usage trends, monitoring of the effectiveness of the Company’s promotional campaigns, organizational restructuring, business expansion and conducting of the Company’s transactions;
• Managing relationship between the Company and you e.g. receiving privileges, participating in Muang Thai Smile Club activities;
• Authenticating or confirming your identity when you return to your MTL online or application accounts to ensure that all of our communications with you are secure and confidential;
• The Company may process the behavioral data of using websites, applications, or social media platforms in order to analyze how you use websites, applications or social media platforms and understand your preferences, to customize those websites, applications or social platforms specifically for you, to evaluate, process and improve those websites, applications or social platforms or our products and/or services, to solve problems, recommend relevant products and/or services and post advertisements on websites, applications and other audience-based channels;
• Sending administrative information to you, for examples, information regarding the services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
• Sending marketing information and informing about promotional offers to you as further explained in the section on “Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes”;
• Conducting market research, advanced analytics, statistical or actuarial science research, financial report or evaluation by the Company, the Company’s group, staff or partners of the Company or regulators relating to the Company;
• Asking you to participate in our surveys in order to provide you with better customer service experiences as well as arrange activities and seminars for you;
• Checking comments and complaints made by you to proceed as requested;
• Checking data of job applicants and contacting with them;
• Maintaining safety;
• Managing, collecting, recording, storing or destroying personal data;
• Complying with the provisions of the Company’s internal policies;
• Complying with the provisions of laws, rules, regulations, agreements or applicable policies made by law enforcement agencies, government agencies, dispute settlement bodies, insurance business regulators or other regulatory agencies;
• Taking any actions that we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to investigate, prevent and detect illegal activities or suspected illegal activities; (b) under applicable laws; (c) to comply with legal process and hearing; (d) to respond to requests from government authorities and the state including government authorities and states outside your country of residence; (e) to enforce the Company’s terms of service and personal data announcement (f) to protect our operations; (g) to protect rights, privacy, safety or property of the Company, you or others; and (h) to allow the Company to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
• Other purposes that are not mentioned above, but will be specifically stated at the time we request your data, or when data is collected and used according to the legal exclusions.
The Company shall use your personal data according to the abovementioned objectives only when:
• Your consent was granted to the Company by law;
• It is necessary to comply with contracts which you are a counterparty, or proceed your requests before entering into such contracts;
• It is for prevention or suppression of danger to life, body or health of individuals;
• It is necessary to perform our duties for public interests or exercising legal authority;
• It is necessary for legitimate interests of the Company, individuals or other juristic persons, unless such interests have lower value than basic rights of your personal data;
• It is necessary for complying with laws;
• Historical records, chronicles, research or statistics is created for public benefits which the Company will conduct the appropriate preventive measures to protect your rights and freedom;
• It is necessary for establishment of legal claims, compliance with laws or exercising legal claims, or contestation of legal claims.
You may choose not to allow the Company to collect certain information requested by the Company. However, choosing not to provide certain information may hinder the ability to conduct transactions, services between the Company and you, and the response to your requests. For example, the Company may not be able to proceed to enter into insurance contracts with you or the Company may not be able to provide you with the services relating to the Company’s products or other services, including claim services.
4.Protection of Personal Data
At MTL, protection of your privacy is our top priority. The Company establishes data security policies and procedures as well as restricts access to your personal data to those individuals, such as our certain employees and agents, who need it to perform their jobs in providing you with our products and services. We require those individuals whom we permit access to your personal data to protect it and keep it confidential. MTL maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory standards to guard your personal data.
When MTL contracts with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that your personal data that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
Technology used for online and network security
The Company has implemented various security measures and has made our best effort to ensure the safety of your personal data stored in our system. Your personal data will be stored on secure networks and can only be accessed by a limited number of persons with special rights to such information.
In addition to the above security measures and methods, the Company has used advanced technologies to protect your personal data.
• Secured Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS): To prevent any information from being detected while transmitted via internet, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol on our websites where we collect your personal data to be encrypted (such as your payment information and login credentials) which is supported by most popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer;
• Firewall: To allow only authorized personnel to access the Company’s data as permitted, we have put in place layers of firewalls (a network security system) between our computer systems and Internet;
• Virus and malware scan: Virus and malware scanning software are installed and periodically updated on all MTL computers and servers.
5.Retention Period of Personal Data
• Your information will be kept by MTL as long as it is necessary taking into consideration our needs and purposes for which we collect and process it, including compliance with legal requirements under applicable laws;
• Even though you end relationship with us, the Company shall continue collecting, using and disclosing your personal data as necessary according to the laws for legal interests, or the data shall be kept in a form that identity cannot be directly or indirectly identified such as an “anonymous” technique;
• For insurance, the Company shall continue keeping your personal as necessary regard to proceeding to achieve the mentioned-above purpose for not over 12 years since our relationship ends or your last contact with the Company. Based on the applicable laws and regulations, we shall continue keeping your personal longer than specified;
• To comply with period and prescription according to applicable laws. Your personal data shall be kept in appropriate format of data type. However, the Company may need to keep your personal data longer than the legal prescription under some circumstances such as submission of maturity benefit to the life insurance fund or the case is under legal prosecution, etc.;
• The Company will take the appropriate procedure for deleting, destroying or anonymizing your personal data according to the personal data retention period mentioned above.
6.Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
The Company shall keep your personal data confidential. However, in the event that applicable laws allow or the disclosure of such data is necessary to achieve the purpose of processing personal data or other related purposes above, the Company may provide your personal data to other parties for the following cases.
6.1 Disclosure of your personal data
Personal data disclosure with business partners or third parties
MTL works with business partners or third parties that provide services to us, such as data analysis, data processing, credit card processing, information technology and related infrastructure provisioning, customer service platform development, email/SMS delivery, website development, mobile application development, reinsurance, satisfaction survey and research, and customer relationship management. We only share your personal data with them so that they can assist us to provide/deliver our services for the purposes stated in the section “Objectives of Collection and Use of Personal Data” above. Moreover, we also share your personal data with authorized insurance intermediaries, agents, brokers, reinsurance companies, financial institutes, financial advisors and/or investment advisors to offer, deliver products and/or services of the Company or our subsidiaries to you such as policyholder in case of group insurance, reinsurance company, investment management company, credit rating agency, other company which investigating or other contractors.
To disclosing personal data, we take steps to ensure that your personal data remains protected and that they which we share the data with will process it in accordance with our instructions and will not use it for their own purposes or benefits. Such measures may include entering into appropriate contracts with them.
In case that you grant consent, the Company may disclose your data with individuals or partners so that the Company can offer you our products or services. You can check lists of the individuals or partners that we share your personal data with from www.muangthai.co.th. Lists of the individuals or partners of the Company may increase or decrease based on the Company’s regular update.
Other personal data disclosures
MTL may disclose your personal data in other necessary circumstances, including:
• Complying with applicable laws.
• Responding to requests from government agencies or public authorities or otherwise cooperating with authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
• Responding to matters of personal or public safety.
• In litigation, investigations, and other legal matters where the personal data is pertinent.
• Investigating security incidents.
• Enforcing our terms of services.
6.2 Transfer, transmission and/or delivery of personal data to a foreign country
Your personal data may transfers, transmits, collects or processes by the company or delivers to entity or others department as detailed above which may located inside/outside Thailand. However, the Company shall formulate standards of agreements and/or business contracts with agencies, organizations that will receive such personal data based on acceptable personal data protection standards and applicable laws in order to ensure security of your personal data.
The Company shall transfer, transmit and/or deliver data to a foreign country under specific circumstances, for example:
• Applying reinsurance/underwriting reinsurance with reinsurance companies based outside Thailand;
• The Company collects and/or transfers, transmits personal data for retention in a foreign country;
• Other services relevant to insurance policy such as Global Connect Service etc.
The Company shall transfer, transmit and/or deliver data to a foreign country once personal data recipients have adequate personal data protection standards, for example:
• Cloud processing by secure organizations;
• Retention of personal data by encryption or other means that cannot identify the data subject which must have international security standard.
7.Use of Sensitive Personal Data
For some MTL’s products or services as well as for the purpose of personal data collection, the Company needs to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data such as race, ethnicity, political opinions, doctrine, religion or philosophy, sexual behavior, disability, information of labor union, heredity, and biological data. For such cases, the Company shall request your consent to collect, use or disclose the sensitive data. We shall explicitly inform you in order to proceed according to the purpose unless legal consent is not required for collection, use or disclosure of sensitive data.
8.Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
In addition to the purposes set out above, where permitted by law, MTL may use your name and contact details for marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials (by postal mail, email, or other means) and conducting direct marketing to increase the value you get from being an MTL customer through the recommendation of relevant products and services, public relation, promotion and direct marketing relate to our product and/or our service, marketing data, recommendation and other information which including insurance, pension, wealth management, investment, banking, financial service, medical treatment/health care, health information, employment, seminar, brand loyalty’s benefit/privilege, charity event, marketing event, competition, lucky draw, event and other activity you choose to participate. In doing so, the Company may need to disclose your personal data to personals and partners of the Company to take any actions for achieving the purposes. The processing of your personal data shall be in accordance with this Policy.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us. However, administrative communications that related to the products and/or extra services we provide to you such as premium payment notice and premium payment receipt are not considered as marketing communications.
To opt-out from receiving the Company’s marketing communications:
• Call MTL Customer Contact Center at Tel.1766, contact our in-land MTL Customer Service Center or email : email@example.com; or
• If you no longer want to receive “only marketing-related e-mails” from us, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom or each email.
We shall proceed with your request as soon as possible.
9. Legal Rights of Personal Data Protection
• Right to access and request a copy of personal data which is under responsibility of the Company where appropriate identity verification shall be set;
• Right to request the Company to revise or correct your personal data to be updated, complete and unambiguous;
• Right to request temporary limitation/suppression of use and/or process of personal data;
• Right to object collection, use or disclosure of your personal data as well as right to object personal data processing;
• Right to request to delete, destroy or anonymize your personal data;
• Right to revoke consent or request to change the scope of consent granted to the Company to collect, use or disclose your personal data; however, the revocation shall not affect the past collection, use or disclosure of your personal data that the consent was granted;
• Right to be informed about existence, type of personal data, and the Company’s purposes of use of the personal data;
• Right to request the Company to deliver or transfer personal data to you or other individuals or organizations as you specified;
• Right to request to disclose acquisition of your personal data in case you do not grant consent to collect or gather such data.
The Company shall complete it within 30 (thirty) days after you make request to the Company. If you wish to exercise the rights, please contact us via the following channels.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tel: MTL Customer Contact Center at Tel.1766 or
• Or postal mail: Muang Thai Life Assurance PCL 250 Rachadaphisek Rd. Huaykwang, Bangkok, Thailand 10310, address to “Data Protection Team”
Based on the applicable laws and regulations, the Company may have the right to charge reasonable expenses for processing the rights above.
However, the Company remain the right not to proceed to your request under the provisions of the laws. If the Company cannot proceed your requests, the Company will record the rejection together with reasons.
Remark – If you request the Company to delete, destroy or anonymize your personal data, or revoke you consent, it may impact 1) compliance contracts such as with life insurance contract or employment contract, 2) performance of services since we will be unable to identify your identity and there might be limitations to some services where your personal data is needed.
Cookies are text files on computers that collect standard internet log information and your website visitor behavior.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the website's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information as well as your website visitor behavior. While a code in the cookie file enables the site to label you as a particular user, it does not identify you by name, address, or other information unless you have provided the website with such information or set up preferences in your browser to do so automatically. When you visit the Company’s websites, your data will be collected via cookies or similar technologies automatically.
You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
For more information, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
How the Company uses the cookies
Why the Company uses the cookies
• It helps us remember your preferences based on previous or current website activities, which enables us to provide you with improved and tailored services for your future visits;
• It enables us to perform advertisement effectiveness analytics and website analytics;
• It compiles aggregate data about website traffic and website interactions in order to offer better website experience and tools in the future;
• For safety and prevention of unauthorized login to your account.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. Moreover, the website stated above explains how to opt out cookies from your browser. However, such setting may prevent some features on the Company’s websites.
If you choose to opt out of cookies that we use for advertising purposes, we will stop using cookies, but please be noted that this does not mean that you will not see advertisements when you visit our websites, it only means that the advertisements that you will see will not be tailored to your interests.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear gif or transparent gif, are small invisible 1x1 pixel graphic images which may be placed on certain pages of MTL website. They are used for a number of purposes, including but not limited to, to count visitors to a website, to track traffic pattern of visitors as they navigate websites, and to track whether emails that are sent are opened or whether the content is viewed. Web beacons are usually used in combination with cookies to track activity on a website of a particular device. If you turn off cookies, the web beacons will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
12.Data Analytics by Third Party
MTL may use third-party web analytics service i.e.
15.Data Protection Officer
The data protection officer is appointed to investigate operations related to collection, use or disclosure of personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 and the Company’s policies, regulations, announcements, rules, as well as coordinating and cooperating with the Office of the Personal Data Protection Commission.
You can contact the data protection officer, via the following channels.
Office address: Muang Thai Life Assurance PCL 250 Rachadaphisek Rd. Huaykwang, Bangkok, Thailand 10310, address to “Data Protection Team”
Office tel.: 02-275-4385 ext.5376
16.Contact the Company
• Customer Contact Center Tel. 1766
• By mail at Muang Thai Life Assurance PCL 250 Rachadaphisek Rd. Huaykwang, Bangkok, Thailand 10310, address to “Data Protection Team”
• Data protection officer according to the information above
17.Contact the Authority
If you intend to make complaints or if you feel that the Company cannot properly respond to your concern, you may contact the Office of the Personal Data Protection Commission according to the procedure prescribed in Personal Data Protection Act.